UCLA Extension

Select Your Program

Certificate programs approved for international students holding F-1 visas are listed here.

The list with the certificate programs includes the candidacy fee, approximate program cost, estimated length of the program for full-time students, as well as the English proficiency requirement (minimum required TOEFL or IELTS score). Click on each program’s title to view the “Program Details” page; this page shows the program curriculum and contact information for the certificate advisor.

Open Enrollment Programs

Most UCLA Extension certificate programs are open enrollment and require no permission to enroll. If you see Enroll Now, just below the Program Details, you can enroll and no special permission is required.

  • Click on Enroll Now and pay the candidacy fee.
  • If you are enrolling at UCLA Extension for the first time,
    • You will need to enter your email address when you enroll, and
    • You will need to create a user account with a username and password.
    • Be sure to write down your username and password because you will need them again and again while you are a UCLA Extension student.
  • We will send you an Enrollment Confirmation by email.
  • Include your Enrollment Confirmation with your other documents when you send in your application.
Programs That Require Admission Decisions

Look at the top of the page. If you see Apply for Candidacy just below Program Details, you will have to apply for admission and then receive Permission to Enroll (PTE) before we can send you an I-20. Most of our programs do not require a permission to enroll.

For progams that require permission to enroll, you will see special instructions, and there may be a link to a special application form. Follow special instructions carefully:

  • Click on Apply for Candidacy to pay an application fee and create a student account.
  • Then you need to enter your email address and
  • Create an account wtih a username and passwrod so that you can log on to the UCLA Extension website.
  • Be sure to write down your username and password because you will need both for the entire time you are a UCLA Extension student.
  • To find out admission information for the certificate program of your choice, please visit the academic department’s website.
  • If you are accepted into the program, you will receive Permission to Enroll (PTE) by email several days after you apply.
  • When you receive your PTE, return to the program page and select Apply again.
  • Now you will be able to pay your candidacy fee and enroll in the program.