American Language Center Students
To ensure you have all the necessary information to succeed in and complete your program, you need to attend the group ALC orientation on the first day of your program. In the meeting, you will:
- Take the placement exam to find out your class level
- Meet an International Student Office (ISO) advisor
- Meet your academic advisor
- Meet other international students
- Get important information about your class schedule, health insurance, “staying in status,” and other issues.
On the first day of your program, please bring the following items:
- Passport or passport copy
- Copy of your I-20 with the U.S. port of entry stamp
- Your local address in Los Angeles
Study Abroad & Certificate Program Students
At the beginning of each quarter, an orientation meeting for newly arrived and continuing students provides information on academic, administrative, and immigration issues, as well as on housing, transportation, health services, activities and organizations, and other student services. Explanations will be given about how to enroll in UCLA and UCLA Extension courses. Advisors will be available to help you in group and in one-on-one meetings.
In the meeting, you will:
- Report formally for your program
- Meet an International Student Office (ISO) counselor
- Meet your academic advisor(s).
- Meet other Study Abroad international students.
- Get important information about health insurance, “staying in status,” and other issues.
Shortly after the first orientation meeting, you will receive an identification card that will allow you to access certain campus resources.