UCLA Extension

Complete Your Application

  1. The Certificate Program Application for International Students asks for an “SEVIS Number.”
    • If you are alreading in the U.S. on an F-1 visa and want to transfer and enroll in a UCLA Extension certificate program, enter your “SEVIS” number.
    • If your are not in the U.S. and do not have a number, leave this section blank.
  2. If your spouse (husband or wife) and/or children will accompany you, each person will need an F-2 visa. We will provide an I-20 form  for each person.
  3. Prepare a worksheet that includes the following information for family members accompanying you to the U.S.
    • Name (family name, first name, middle name)
    • Gender (male or female)
    • Current address (street, city, province/state, country)
    • Permanent home address (as above)
    • Date of birth
    • Country of birth
    • Country of citizenship
  4. For your Financial Certification, you can provide a bank statement or documents showing funds availabile to you, or you can you can use the space on the application form to write in the information.
  5. Where should we mail your I-20 and welcome information? Fill in the space on the application that tells us where to send your I-20. If you do not fill in this information, we will send your documents to your current residential address. For a small fee, we can send your documents by express mail.
  6. Be sure to check the box indicating the quarter and the year that you plan to enter the U.S. to begin your studies.