Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP)
Designed for participants 18 years of age or older, AIEP specializes in English for academic purposes with emphasis on all skills, especially reading, writing, and TOEFL preparation. The program requires a student (F-1) visa and includes twenty-three, 50-minute class sessions per week, with five sessions per day Monday through Thursday and three sessions on Friday.
A nonrefundable $150 application fee is required; the application fee is valid for one year. The Student Services Fee is required for all students and all programs.
|Program Offering||Program Dates||Program Length||Please Apply By:||Student Services Fee||Program Fee||Total Fee||Credit Card/ Check/Money Order Payment Deadline||Wire Payment Deadline|
|January 9 – March 17, 2017||10 weeks||November 14, 2017||$950||$4,850||$5,800||December 26, 2017||November 28, 2017|
|Spring 2017||April 3 – June 9, 2017||10 weeks||February 6, 2017||$950||$4,850||$5,800||March 20, 2017||February 20, 2017|
|Summer 2017 A||June 26-Sept. 15, 2017||12 weeks||May 1, 2017||$1,090||$5,095||$6,185||June 12, 2017||May 15, 2017|
|Summer 2017 B||June 26-August 4, 2017||6 weeks||May 1, 2017||$730||$2,870||$3,600||June 12, 2017||May 15, 2017|
|Summer 2017 C||Aug 7-Sept 15, 2017||6 weeks||June 12, 2017||$730||$2,870||$3,600||July 24, 2017||June 26, 2017|
|October 2 – December 8, 2017||10 weeks||August 7, 2017||$970||$4,950||$5,920||September 18, 2017||August 21, 2017|
**Student Services Fee includes:*Application Date: Applications are accepted until programs are full. Applying before the deadline will improve your chances of getting a space. We recommend allowing at least 8 weeks to obtain an F-1 student visa.
- Injury and Sickness Insurance: allows students to visit a hospital or clinic if medical attention is needed due to an injury or sickness (Please note: Insurance prices are subject to periodic increases, and permanent residents of the United States will not be eligible for this insurance.)
- Academic Advising: quarterly orientations regarding American universities, UCLA Extension certificate programs, and assistance with application procedures and forms
- Language/Computer Lab: up to 8 hours of extra, after-school access to state-of-art language practice, email, and Internet
- Housing Details: information is provided about finding a place to live (Please note: UCLA on-campus housing is available for intensive programs in the summer only. Prices for 2015 summer on-campus housing have not yet been determined. Look for detailed summer housing information and pricing in early 2015.)
- Language Exchange Program: opportunities to meet members of the local community and UCLA for conversation practice
- UCLA Recreation Facilities: access to many of UCLA’s outstanding sports and recreational facilities
- Express Mail: application and program materials sent via DHL express mail
- Certificate of Completion: an attractive certificate presented to participants upon completion of the program
Cost of books, housing, transportation, and other expenses are not included in AEIP fees.