Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP)
Designed for participants 18 years of age or older, AIEP specializes in English for academic purposes with emphasis on all skills, especially reading, writing, and TOEFL preparation. The program requires a student (F-1) visa and includes twenty-three, 50-minute class sessions per week, with five sessions per day Monday through Thursday and three sessions on Friday.
A nonrefundable $150 application fee is required; the application fee is valid for one year. The Student Services Fee is required for all students and all programs.
|Program Offering||Program Dates||Program Length||Student Services Fee||+ Program Fee||Total|
|Spring 2018||April 2- June 8, 2018||10 Weeks||$970||$4,950||$5,920|
|Summer A 2018||June 25- September 14, 2017||12 Weeks||$1,090||$5,095||$6,185|
|Summer B 2018||June 25 – August 3, 2018||6 Weeks||$730||$2,870||$3,600|
|Summer C 2018||August 6- September 14, 2018||6 Weeks||$730||$2,870||$3,600|
|Fall 2018||October 1– December 7, 2018||10 Weeks||$1,090||$4,950||$5,920|
- Academic Advising: quarterly orientations regarding American universities, UCLA Extension certificate programs, and assistance with application procedures and forms
- Cost of books, housing, transportation, and other expenses are not included in AEIP fees.
- Injury and Sickness Insurance: allows students to visit a hospital or clinic if medical attention is needed due to an injury or sickness (Please note: Insurance prices are subject to periodic increases, and permanent residents of the United States will not be eligible for this insurance.)
- Language/Computer Lab: up to 8 hours of extra, after-school access to state-of-art language practice, email, and Internet
- Housing Details: information is provided about finding a place to live (Please note: UCLA on-campus housing is available for intensive programs in the summer only. Prices for 2018 summer on-campus housing have not yet been determined. Look for detailed summer housing information and pricing in early 2018.)
- Language Exchange Program: opportunities to meet members of the local community and UCLA for conversation practice
- UCLA Recreation Facilities: access to many of UCLA’s outstanding sports and recreational facilities
- Express Mail: application and program materials sent via DHL express mail
- Certificate of Completion: an attractive certificate presented to participants upon completion of the program