You must attend UCLA Extension full-time (and come to class every day) except during authorized vacation periods. Attendance is taken in all classes every day from the time you begin the program.
ALC’s Attendance Policies:
- Minimum 80% attendance is required from the first day of the program to qualify for a Completion Certificate.
- Being late to class two times for 10 minutes or more counts as a one-hour absence.
- No excused absences – Not for medical appointments, personal, business, religious or other reasons.
- Follow ALC Student Conduct Policies
- Avoid being dismissed from your program–if you are dismissed and do not enroll in another program, you will be “out of status” and lose your F-1 visa, and you may have to leave the U.S.
- If you have a serious illness or injury, contact ALC staff at the Lindbrook Center.
- Excessive absences result in lower final grades and may require reporting the student to the International Student Office, dropping them from the program, and/or cancelling their I-20 status.
- Early departure is only permitted for school transfers or medical emergencies and can affect attendance and participation grades. If you need to depart before the program ends and you have already attended 80% of classes, you must obtain ALC Academic Advisor approval and talk to your instructor about completing final exams and all other assignments before departure.
For each course you must earn a final grade of C or better or Pass. You must repeat any course in which you earn a C- or lower grade (or NP) until you receive at least a C grade or Pass.
|AIEP Grades||IECP Grades|
|F||Fail (Not Pass)|
Students who meet ALC’s attendance and grade requirements will receive a certificate of completion. Those who fail to do so may be placed on probation or may have to leave the program and lose their I-20 status.